I'll take my chances

/
0 Comments
Do you think about the future? Or about the past? The "what if's" and "could have been's"
We all do right. We all regret something. Regret not saying something, regret doing something, regret NOT doing something. 
"Regret comes in all shapes and sizes, some are small, like when we do a bad thing, for a good reason. Some are bigger, like when we let down a friend. Some of us escape the pains of regret by making the right choice. Some of us have a little time for regret, because we're looking forward to the future. Sometimes we have to fight to come in terms with the past. And sometimes we bury our regret, by promising to change our ways. But our biggest regrets are not for the things we did but for the things we didn't do and not the things we said but things we didn't say."
  I mostly regret things I didn't say. Sometimes, I'm like "damn, I should have said that."  Maybe it would have a made a difference. Even if just a tiny bit, but it would have. But now that's gone. That moment is lost. I can't get it back but I can make sure the next time I really wanna say something, I should be able to say it. My weakness lies in what other people think, what will other people say. But what I really need to do is overcome that weakness cause 'other people' shouldn't matter that much. All the 'other' people don't shape my life, I do. I NEED to open up. 


We all have the expectations and assumptions we make about the future. 
     So, lately I've been thinking about the future. You know when people say forget the past and don't plan the future and live in the present. But, is future planning bad? Is thinking about the future bad? Should we just let it happen just the way it does or not? 
I don't think thinking about the future is something bad. And about forgetting the past. Well, it's all worth remembering. Your life is worth remembering, worth being mattered hence it shouldn't be forgotten. Sure, we do wrong things, we went through things in the past but there's a reason all that happened and either you've gained or learned. Whatever it is, it is all a part of this life you're living. 
    My past is worth remembering, my present is worth living  and my future is worth living for.
  
You know some people say that it's all fate's game or it's destiny, whatever happens just happens you can't help it. But if it really was like that, why would we work so hard to earn what we want? I'm not sure yet if our lives are written before hand or do we make our lives?

  As a matter of fact, I believe that we make our lives and not because it's my destiny. We get what we give, what we deserve.


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

FOLLOWERS/READERS