We are who we are

/
4 Comments
We had this little activity in school, to speak about yourself, the strengths weaknesses and our fears and everything else we would like to say. I did say most of the things I wanted to, but I missed out on many as well, so here's it all. It's quite different from what I spoke but the main points are all included.


Sometimes, it's hard to introduce yourself because you know yourself so well that you don't know were to start with. Let me give a try to see what kind of image you have about me through my self description. I hope that my impression about me and your impression about me is not very different.
  There's something I've learnt from the writings of William Shakespeare which has strongly influenced me and my life.


There is a tide in the affairs of men.
Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
Omitted, all the voyage of their life
Is bound in shallows and in miseries.
On such a full sea are we now afloat,
And we must take the current when it serves,
Or lose our ventures.



Life is short and opportunities are rare and we have to be vigilant in protecting them. And not only the opportunities to succeed but, the opportunity to laugh, to see the enchantment in the world and to live, because life doesn't owe us anything, as a matter of fact, we owe something to the world. I hope I can do that, and I hope I can make a different, somewhere, even if it's just a little.
   
I like to write, I love reading and I love Art. I think it's this totally different way of expressing your feelings and emotions and it is so contrasting and antithetical. 
I really hate science, somehow I can't seem to develop any interest in it no matter how hard I try, it's just really monotonous to study science.
     I love music, just like any other person. I don't know what I'd do without it, cause it inspires me so much..not learning or doing music but just the sound and the words of it, it's enchanting.
    I love One tree Hill, this one show which makes me feel like everything, I feel like a part of it, it's so real and it's stimulating, really. 


Every Individual has their own set of strengths and weaknesses, it's up to the person to use their strengths constituently and convert their weaknesses into prospective strengths. To start with, one of my strengths would be forgiving people easily, well it could be a weakness too cause sometimes people tend to hurt us over and over again but that's a different case and I'l make sure that it shouldn't be a weakness at that point of time. Anyways, I tend to let go of things, let go of people's mistakes and that's mostly cause I really don't wanna lose someone and sometimes, we all happen to do wrong things and we all deserve to be forgiven. Though when someone's been really mean to me, I would totally hate her/him at that moment or just for awhile and then I just let it go, cause it's okay.
  Secondly, I have this creative mind. Wait, I'm not boasting and that's what people say. 
Coming to my weaknesses, I'm not perfect you know and I'm glad I'm not, I'm glad I'm not perfect cause then I would have nothing to improve on, nothing to work on. It's funny that once, someone thought I was perfect, I'm NOT. 
I'm really shy. Not as much as I used to be, but I still am. I take time to mingle with new people, once I get used to it, I get too talkative and hyper. I get nervous around new people or a crowd, I think too much about what they might think, I need to be more confident in doing things I want to, I'm trying to break through this shell. I get too sensitive and emotionally attached to people. And I often procrastinate.
  
I have the fear of letting in people, I can't trust someone very easily with everything, maybe just with a bit not everything. I'm scared of letting people too inside. And I fear of people and things drifting apart, nothing lasts forever. I'm scared of people leaving. People I care about. I have the fear of falling in love.


Once, we all graduate from our schools, we'll step into the real world and look for our identities further and the person I wanna be is someone who just doesn't design but creates a niche for herself in the Fashion Industry. I wanna pursue fashion designing as my main career and Fine Arts as an option and I also wanna study Mass communication which includes under advertising, event management, writing, etc.




Unknowingly, I'm inspired by my mother. I realize that after a really long time though. I know my mom's gone through a lot and she's strong and I know I get the influence from her. It's stimulating the way she fulfilled her dreams with such grace, I really hope that someday, I get to achieve what I want. When we stayed without my dad back in India for a couple of years cause of his work, but the way my mom worked for everything, the way she did every single thing for us independently, that is want inspires me. Sometimes, i guess unknowingly I get my strength from her. I love my dad no less and I really look up to the person he is. And my siblings, well I'm not saying much about them, i could go on and on. I love them all. And they're all partially responsible for the person I am.



    



You may also like

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad that you trying to break through the shell.
Yes sometimes forgiving too easily is a weakness.
Great post and I bet you are the person I really thought you are.

Unknown said...

I know, I hate the shy thing about me and it's about time right.
and forgiving easily and not having grudges is my strength not weakness :P
and thanks :) and im glad I portray myself the way I am :)

Anonymous said...

I think everyone is afraid of letting people inside too much. Generally, I believe we can't trust someone a 100% completely. I know it sounds kinda awful but life really teaches us to be careful.
I like this post :) It makes me feel that I'm not alone.

Unknown said...

True that :)
Can't trust anyone, you never know what happens.
And, thanks :)

Powered by Blogger.

FOLLOWERS/READERS