The Ramadan Series | The Beginning

/
0 Comments
Artwork by Pascal Campion
It's been a long while since I last posted here. I'd say time passed by with college, graduation, emotional outbursts , moving countries and such but at the end of the day we all know it's also quite procrastination that comes into play.

It's been a month since I moved back to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia after completing 3 years of college in Pune, India. It was possibly the most life transforming and beautiful years of my life, to myself I often say, "It was another world". Well, more about that some other time. 

As an attempt to bring back my blog to life and mainly, get back to writing before I forget my basics, I thought I'd start with a simple Ramadan Series, that would help me reflect and write about the different thoughts that fuel me every day during this month and since an integral part of Ramadan is to alter your routine, mend and make new habits, I think it makes sense. However, these thoughts may or may not be religious in nature because lets be honest, just because it's Ramadan we all don't have solely religious retrospections and thoughts lingering all the time. The funny thing though about this is, it is the fourth day of Ramadan today and I've only been able to write one post yet. Mending habits they say? One's got to start somewhere. Interestingly, I remember reading somewhere, that on an average it takes about 3 weeks for a person to build a new habit or quit an old one. In life, many times we find ourselves trying to struggle with the different things in our lives. There are times when we've all tried to break a bad habit or have tried to inculcate a new habit into our routine and as experience says, it's actually not that easy and I think that is mostly because, we don't see results in one go or we sort of just give up in a way and I don't mean in the deep philosophical way but, in the simple way because of how we are. A very good example of that would be, when I was trying to build on my "early morning" habit, I aimed at 6 am everyday and in the beginning there were times when I instead woke up at 6:45 am or 7:45 am and found myself to be instantly disappointed and convinced myself that I should go back to sleep cause I did not wake up at 6 am and looking back I think about how silly that was but, it probably does happen to all of us within different moments of our lives, within the different actions and habits we try to mend.
“You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.” - Darren Hardy 
Recently, I was reading this wonderful piece on the similar theme and how the writer found ways to build on her morning habits, which consequently helped her become a more productive person. Similarly, my brother the other day talked about this book, The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy which talks about almost the same thing in a much profound way. About the little choices we make. The habits we mend and the routine we try and recreate every single day and how that's quite integral in our personal and professional lives. With the beginning of Ramadan there have been several reminders explaining just that, that this isn't just the month of fasting and the ability to try and live without food and water from sunrise to sunset. It is a profound  month that motivates you to mend your ways,  indulge in the good; whether it's through volunteering for social projects and various charity drives or whether it's just about controlling your anger and language and being kind to people. It is essentially a month that is not the means or the end but the beginning of a better self and I think this could mean a million little things for different people.  For me, right now it's mostly about mending my ways, one of which includes filling a blank page everyday.
“It's not the big things that add up in the end; it's the hundreds, thousands, or millions of little things that separate the ordinary from the extraordinary.” -The Compound Effect | Darren Hardy


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.

FOLLOWERS/READERS