Stars

/
4 Comments
Once upon a time, about 9 years ago there were two little girls of about age 8 and 9. They were  
on their daily walk back home as the night had already begun and the stars illuminated the dark sky. The two girls were talking about their day and all those stories that kids find interesting. At one moment, one of them looked up at the sky and said, "Hey,look those three stars in a row, those are my grandparents and perhaps my uncle too." and then the other simultaneously looked up in wonder and said, "And, look those two up there, I think those are my grandparents." These kids were innocent and believed that the dead were up there, within those stars, looking after them. Some three stars were always present in the dark sky and these kids often accepted and believed that, those were their guardians high up above. 

These two kids were no one but, me and my best friend. We believed in fantasies myths, superstitions and fairytales. We lived in a world of innocence and credulousness. But, everyone grows up. They grow out of their fantasies and begin to realize the reality of this world. I don't believe in stars being my guardians and I don't wish on shooting stars any more.But, it's incredibly beautiful how in a world so cruel, something so distant and silent can lend hope to someone's wishes, endow smiles on the face of lovers, give inspiration to writers and often leave some wonderstruck.


You may also like

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got really good message through ur writings...
INSPIRED..:)

Huda Merchant said...

thank you :)
may i know who this is?

Anonymous said...

Ya...
This is atul from India...
I don't write but I keep reading others blogs....
Specially those which inspire me...








I mean it really....
Lots of love...
Ciao..

Unknown said...

Awww thank you very much.
To inspire and to reach out to people is one of my goals in life. Thanks for the comment, it means a lot :)

Powered by Blogger.

FOLLOWERS/READERS